Educational and Experience Requirements
- At least a Higher National Diploma (HND) in health information management / Records Management / Clinical / Mathematics / Statistics / Data Analytics or similar
- Certification in Clinical Coding is preferred but not essential
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a clinical or hospital setting
- Current knowledge of Medical Record techniques and policies and procedures.
- Experience working in a personal computer environment including at a minimum Word, Excel and Win operating system preferred.
- Knowledge of diagnostic and therapeutic coding practices with the current volume of internationally recognized classifications of diseases (ICD-10, ICD-10-AM, CPT, ICPM)
- Effective interpersonal communications and teaching skills are desirable.
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.