Educational and Experience Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in Nutrition, Nutrition Science or Dietetics from an institute recognized by the Allied Health Professionals Council of Negara Brunei Darussalam
- A postgraduate degree in Nutrition, Nutrition Science or Dietetics from an institute recognized by the Allied Health Professionals Council of Negara Brunei Darussalam is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience in health and nutrition is essential.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clients with evidence-based nutritional principles and applied dietetics through:
- academic and professional development
- current food/nutraceutical trends
- food knowledge
- cooking and food budgetary skills
- Maintain and/or improve the nutritional status of clients through:
- identify nutritional needs and exercise duty of care in accordance with relevant codes of conduct, ethical requirements and other accepted protocols.
- effective communication with fellow colleagues and other team members
- Offer advice and suggest positive alternatives in nutrition to address clients’ dietary restrictions and metabolism.
- Set clear objectives and provide support to clients to help them in their progress.
- Create full and personalized nutrition plans that promote healthy lifestyle through means of various diet plans.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test and prepare specialized or alternative meals such as low-fat, low-cholesterol and chemical-free meals.
- Advise sports professionals of their diets and nutrition intake can optimize their performance, enhance recovery from injury and achieve optimum body size and build for their sport.
- Participate in quality service-related activities (e.g., JCI) pertaining to hospital and department
- Perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor