Dr Gonnie Margreet Alkemade
About The Doctor
- Specialist Accreditation, General Medical Council, United Kingdom
- Specialist Accreditation, Specialist Registration Committee, The Netherlands
- Ph.D. ‘Destruction, Regeneration and Replacement of Beta cells and Aspects of Immune-Intervention in Type 1 Diabetes’ , Leiden University, The Netherlands
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, United Kingdom (Associate)
- Member of the Society for Endocrinology, United Kingdom
- Member of the Netherlands Association of Internal Medicine, The Netherlands
- Member of the Netherlands Association of Endocrinology, The Netherlands
Professional & Medical Background
Dr. Gonnie completed her General Medicine and Specialty Training in The Netherlands in 2013 and subsequently worked as Consultant Endocrinology and Diabetes at University Medical Centre Groningen. In 2015 she moved to the United Kingdom and pursued an International Fellowship at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. In addition, she successfully defended her Thesis at Leiden University, The Netherlands and earned her Doctoral Degree, based on previous Diabetes Research Projects at both Leiden University and the University of Calgary, Canada. She continued to work at the Royal Infirmary Aberdeen as Consultant (Locum) until her move to Brunei Darussalam in 2018.
Her main areas of interest are Diabetes, Diabetes in Pregnancy, Thyroid Disorders, Calcium and Bone Metabolism Disorders, and Pituitary Disorders.