Dr Nayake Bandaralage Parakrama Balalla
About The Doctor
MBBS(SL),M.Med(Occupational Medicine),S’pore, Cert.Aviation.Med (Australia), Grad. IOSH(UK), SIIRSM
1. Member of American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM)
2. Member of International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH)
3. Graduate Member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), UK
4. Specialist of International Institute of Risk and Safety Management(SIIRSM)
5. Member of American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
Dr. Balalla has 40 years of experience in the medical practice of which 28 years is in Occupational Health and Safety practice at the international level. He has worked in Sri-Lanka, the Rep. of Seychelles, and Australia before bringing his expertise to Brunei.
He has been working in Brunei for the past 18 years, where he was the Head of the Occupational Health Division at the Ministry of Health.
Aside from his clinical practice, Dr. Balalla is involved in the teaching and consultation of Occupational Health and Safety, and he is a visiting senior lecturer at PAPRSB Institute Health Sciences at the University of Brunei Darussalam.
He was also a member of the working group for the drafting of Workplace Safety and Health Order 2009 and Regulations, Brunei Darussalam.
He has published several articles related to occupational health and presented many papers at OSH conferences held locally and overseas.