Educational and Experience Requirements
- An Undergraduate Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from an institute recognized by the Allied Health Professional Council of Negara Brunei Darussalam.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Clinical Dietetics or Nutrition and Dietetics from an institute recognized by the Allied Health Professional Council of Negara Brunei Darussalam would be an advantage.
- Minimum of not less than 8 years of working experience in a hospital environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in clinical dietetics practice especially nutrition in oncology, stroke rehabilitation and neurology.
- Educate clients with evidence-based nutritional principles and applied dietetics.
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to pro-actively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery.
- Communicate effectively on patient’s nutrition care information.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning.
- Provides dietary education using client/patient-centred counselling skill to facilitate nutrition and lifestyle change.
- Assist in the design of clinical pathways and procedures for monitoring nutritional issues.
- Plan and organize resources to achieve effective nutrition care policy in allocated wards and dietetic specialties.
- Responsible for some administrative tasks which may include records of patient-related statistics, client bookings and etc.