Dr Taufique Ahmed
About The Doctor
MBBS (Lond) MRCP (UK) MRCS (Eng) FAMS (Gastroenterology)
Current Post: Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singapore, Clinical lead in Hepatology, Consultant in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, March 2012-present.
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Registrar in Gastroenterology, May 2008 – March 2012
- RIPAS Hospital (Brunei) – Registrar in ICU, August 2007- May 2008
- Kent and Sussex Hospital – SHO in Care of the Elderly Medicine, February 2007 – August 2007
- Hawkes Bay Hospital (New Zealand) –medical registrar in Cardiology, with 25% of the time spent in Gastroenterology – September 2006 – February 2007
- Darent Valley Hospital – SHO rotating through 4 Monthly posts in Gastroenterology, Respiratory, Endocrine, Care of the Elderly and Medical Assessment Unit, August 2004 -August 2006
- Kent and Sussex Hospital – SHO in Accident and Emergency, February 2004 -present
- Medway hospital – SHO in General Surgery and Paediatric Surgery, August 2003 – February 2004
- Epsom and St Helier NHS trust – 3 months of Rheumatology 3 months of Gastroenterology.
- Kent and Sussex Hospital – 5 months of General Surgery and 1 month of ICU.
Board Certification and Affiliation
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore Chapter of Gastroenterologist July 2017
- Specialist Accreditation in Gastroenterology and Hepatology Nov 2011
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians UK Mar 2007
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons England June 2006
- St Georges Hospital Medical School 1997-200, MBBS, Basic Medical Sciences –Merit , Clinical Sciences – distinction, Clinical Management – merit
- Member of Asian Pacific Association for the study of the liver 2013-present
- Member of Gastroenterology Society of Singapore 2008 – present
Dr Taufique Ahmed is a Consultant in Gastroenterology and Hepatology who is based in Singapore but spends 3 days a week in Brunei. He is the Clinical Lead for Hepatology at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and is also a visiting consultant at Singapore General Hospital.
He completed his specialist training in Singapore and sub-specialization fellowship in the Liver Unit at Kings College Hospital, United Kingdom.
His areas of special interest are viral hepatitis, fatty liver and liver cancer. He does manage both common gastroenterology and hepatology problems, with one of the largest volume of cases in Singapore, seeing over 2500 outpatients a year and performing more than 1100 endoscopies per year.
Dr Taufique keeps his knowledge base up to date by being heavily involved in research. He is site primary investigator for more than 10 multi-centre multinational studies. He is also actively involved in teaching holding a Senior Clinical lecturer position at Yong Loo Lin School of medicine Singapore, as well as teaching position at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine.